Translate

Sunday, March 24, 2019

1971 Gibson J55, Maybe this is the one?

Hello there!

If you have not read my previous blog on the 1976 Gibson J50 go check it out first before continuing below!

I used to own a beautiful 76 J40/50 in natural finish that was an absolute gem; both in condition and sound. It was a gorgeous piece that you typically only get to experience once in a life time. Circumstances led me to sell it but I still look for it everyone once in a while. Meanwhile, I continue the search for another "the one" but I've yet to find it.

I took a chance on this MINT 1971 Gibson J55. It sounds amazing but is a little more mellow than the 76 due to the laminate back. The rest of the guitar is solid woods. Take a look at the photos below and let me know what you think! Also, make sure to check out the video.

Cheers,

Jason
www.mississippison.com
Instagram: MISSISSIPPISON










Instagram Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment